Sunday, January 25, 2009

Owies

Well, we've had our first injury. About 7 p.m. last Sunday night, Abby was standing in the kitchen, opening a cupboard door, when she somehow fell and smacked her eye on something. Ryan and I didn't think much of this as the girls have been falling a lot lately (I think they inherited my klutzy genes). Ryan picked Abby up and I suddenly noticed a gash by her eye!
Of course, I stated freaking out and wondering if we should truck on over to the ER. Instead we put some ice on it (note to self: Abby does NOT like cold towels being held on her face) and tried to calm our little girl down. The cut wasn't bleeding much, and eventually Abby calmed down and fell asleep. She did end up with a puffy eye and a nice-looking scratch (see above), but overall, she was completely fine. Of course, not to be outdone, the very next night, Claire fell and gave herself a bloody lip. Yep, they definitely got my klutzy genes!

The scene of the near-fatal accident:
Claire, pre bloody-lip, wonders what all the fuss is about:

1 comment:

Jill said...

LOL at the look on Claire's face in the last pic! Poor Abby and her eye! Glad she seems ok. I noticed something suspicious in your "scene" pic - some furry little four-legged thing that may contribute to "SOMEHOW she fell over"... hmmmmm? hehe

Ok now, I will let you slide for a few more days here but you better post about their birthday and party sometime this week!! :) I have to steal all your pictures since I forgot my camera.