Thursday, March 26, 2009

Playtime!

We have had so many fun playdates lately! A couple of weeks ago, we got to go to Aunt Jill, Uncle Jason, and Cousin Lily's house to play. We also took a nice walk to the park where we rode on bouncies (Claire below)...
Climbed through the jungle gym (Abby below, assisted by Auntie Jill)...
And went down the slide a ton (Lily demonstrates the landing, below)!
It was lots of fun and so nice to finally play outside. Check out my sister's blog for more cute pictures and a video of Lily and Abby dancing.
My friends Amanda and Ben and their cute little boy, Atticus, were in town visiting, so we also got to play with them a bit last weekend. Of course, I forgot my camera so there are no pictures of that! Sorry! But, I did have my camera on hand when Zach, Sean and Kari Shipman came over to visit this past week. Zach is well on his way to being a major heartbeaker and I think both my girls are now madly in love with him. Watch as he steals Abby's heart with kiss after kiss!

We also got to hang out with the Shipmans, our friends Hannah and Matt, and Sean's friends from school, Tim and Carla, yesterday for a grill out. (Yes, we know it's still cold out. We're going to just go ahead and pretend it's Spring no matter what the weather is doing!) The girls were a bit shy at first, but eventually managed to corner Zachy and demand he give them more kisses.
Later, they all three snuggled on the couch with Hannah and Kari and watched "Wonder Pets." The girls hadn't seen it much before, but they loved it! Maybe it's time for Ryan and I to invest in cable... March 23rd was Grandma Gwen's birthday, and the night before we all met at Applebee's in Hudson for dinner to celebrate. It was quite the crowd with Grandma Gwen, Grandpa Rich, Uncle Scott and Aunt Emma all coming from Eau Claire, and Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Andy and Counsin Alex coming up from Richfield. By the end of the night, and past the three girls bedtimes, they were getting a little punchy. Claire has always seemed to me to be the quieter of my two girls, but she was not that night! Check out Claire and Alex goofing off and having a ball (btw, I know it's pretty dark, but have you ever seen a more beautiful brown-eyed little girl than Alex?? She is gorgeous, just like her mommy!)



Off to the zoo today! The fun continues...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yay for playtime! it's been so much fun spending time with you and my darling little nieces! :) Thanks for hanging out with us!

P.S. I think ti must be a fluke, but Lily was able to correctly point out Claire and Abby (which was which) in a picture tonight - twice! She also didn't want to let that picture go, but carry it all around the house this afternoon. I think she misses them already!

P.P.S. Have fun on your retreat this week! See you @ Easter.