Thursday, August 7, 2008

30 Things

As many of you know, I'm turning 30 this summer. I considered going into hibernation this dreaded event had passed, but that sounded too boring.
Instead, in an effort to embrace this new milestone, I've decided to make a list of 30 Things to Do to Celebrate Turning 30, and I need your help! I'm looking for your suggestions on things I should do to help celebrate (not run screaming from) my passage into this new decade. Your ideas will motivate me to go from this...



...to this!



So email me, post a comment, give me a call, hire a skywriter -- however you prefer to let me know what YOU think I should do to ring in my 30s. Keep in mind, Ryan and I are not related to the Hiltons, so as fun as backpacking through Europe or buying a convertible would be, it ain't going to happen. Bonus points will be given to those with super cheap, fun ideas!
Thank you in advance for helping me celebrate!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh wow, what a task! I only have a few ideas right now, but I'll keep thinking! Here's what I've got:
1. Make a list of 30 things you like about yourself.
2. Give yourself a reward (buy a treat, take a bubble bath, read a good book, etc) every day for 30 days. (or longer! :) )
3. Hang out with your sister, since she knows your pain!

Unknown said...

I think that 30 bothered me more than even 50 did, amazingly! I don't know why but, in hindsight, 30 is really the good years----albeit very busy ones!
I think you should make a vow to yourself to do something FOR yourself EVERY DAY!----take a few minutes to meditate, reflect, count your blessings, smell the summer breeze and the freshly mowed grass--just enjoy all the sights and sounds and smells of life! Smile, then, pat yourself on the back and reassure yourself you're a great mother and a great person and you are just the place GOD has chosen for you to be! Thank him!

Just to let you know, I am thankful for you and ALL 30 years I've been blessed to know you and share in your life. Blessings....always!
Love and hugs, Mama

TR Johnson said...

1. 30 shots (of beer)
2. put on thirty t-shirts each spelling out part of a story and then make a time laps video of you taking 29 of them off.
3. Make a photo diary of the day. Take a photo every 48 minutes.
4. Write a book.
5. Get a fake ID that says you are younger than you are. Might I suggest the name McLoven'.
6. Movie Marathon!
7. Pancake fight. Ryan only gets to use his mouth. (I'm still not sure that's fair).
8. Bar-b-cue with family
9. Compete for the new X-prize by building an unmanned rocket capable of reaching orbit. (Bonus prize: $10 million).
10. Bicycle across the world