Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The List

Here it is! My "30 Things To Do To Celebrate Turning 30" (Bolded items have yet to be done, unbolded ones are already accomplished - yippee!)

  1. Get a haircut.
  2. Give myself a reward (buy a treat, take a bubble bath, read a good book, etc) every day for 30 days (or longer! :) )
  3. Make a list of 30 things you like about yourself
  4. Make a vow to do something for myself EVERY DAY!----take a few minutes to meditate, reflect, count your blessings, smell the summer breeze and the freshly mowed grass--just enjoy all the sights and sounds and smells of life!
  5. Watch 30 episodes of Gilmore Girls
  6. Get a manicure and/or pedicure
  7. Make a photo diary of the day. Take a photo every 48 minutes.
  8. 30 shots (of beer) – aka get drunk!
  9. Fly a Kite
  10. Movie Marathon!
  11. Hang out with my sister, since she knows my pain!
  12. Food Fight!
  13. Work out
  14. Get a massage and/or a facial and/or some other girly beauty ritual
  15. Join Facebook
  16. Spend a whole day playing with my girls
  17. Family bar-b-que
  18. Jump on the bed
  19. Go on a date alone
  20. Do an anonymous kind act
  21. Take a Community Education class
  22. Be taken out to dinner
  23. Send someone a gift
  24. Dr. Mario tournament!
  25. Rid my closet of all things that scream, "I'm in my 20s!" Replenish, as necessary, with things that scream, "30 and Fabulous!"
  26. Reread my journals
  27. Meditate for one hour
  28. Beautiy my surroundings
  29. Plan a trip
  30. Smile, then pat myself on the back and reassure myself I’m a great mother and a great person and I am just the place GOD has chosen for me to be! Thank him! (aka take time to recognize my blessings and be thankful)
I want to thank everyone for their suggestions! Some didn't make the cut, but not because they weren't good suggestions. They just weren't things I'd actually probably do. For instance, I'd love to win $10 million by building an unmanned rocket capable of reaching orbit, but rocket building just isn't my thing. Tragedy!

2 comments:

Jill said...

YAY! I love the list! I'll join you for #5, that way you'll accomplish #5 and #11 at the same time! Glad to see I made the cut. :)

Unknown said...

Quit making excuses and build the rocket :)