Thursday, August 14, 2008

This Too

The phrase that has most been in my mind these last couple of weeks is, "This too shall pass." But, before you start to thinking things must really be going badly, let me explain.
People always say their babies grow up fast, but you really don't understand how fast until it's your babies doing the growing. One minute they can't do something and the next, very suddenly, they can. It's remarkable! Literally, each day they are at least a little different from who they were and what they could do the day before.
Especially now. Six months is such a fun age to watch. The girls are interacting more with us and with their environment. Each day is full of surprises and new discoveries for them. I love watching to see what they will do next. (Lately, it's grabbing something -- their food bowl is a favorite -- picking it up and throwing it back down. Messy but entertaining.)
So, when I say to myself, "this too shall pass," it's not to help get me through the crazy busy episodes that come with having new babies, but to remind me to enjoy them. Even when the girls are crabby and crying, I remind myself to enjoy the fact that I can hold and comfort them. They won't always let me do that.
Rest assured, Ryan and I are having tons of fun with our girls! Moments with them go by faster than I ever imagined they could, and I plan on enjoying each and every magnificent minute.


P.S. Sorry the video is sideways! I can't figure out how to turn it...

P.P.S. I love, love, love that Abby is now sleeping on her side. It is so adorable! I didn't have a clue that babies even did this until I saw my niece Lily sleeping on her side. Is there any other totally adorable things I should be aware of???

3 comments:

Jill said...

awwww, Lisa.. they are getting so BIG! It already seems like the 6 week age difference between the girls is shrinking a lot - so many of the things they do remind me of things I've seem with Lily. :) I saw them and G&G's today and they are starting to sit really well! WOOHOO - you'll love that! I LOVE the sleeping picture - it looks EXACTLY how Lily sleeps, so cute!! I really think we can market them out as triplets and make a few bucks. :)
Love you!

Unknown said...

They are growing so fast. I know there are ALWAYS times when you have to remind yourself that "this too shall pass". You said it very eloquently---sometimes it's just to get through the frustrating times and other times it's to remind yourself to enjoy ALL the times. You're a great mom!
Love to you all!
Grandma

Amy said...

I like when she stops to look at the fan, but then gets right back to giggling! so cute! see you soon!